ICS is growing and we are looking to hire a talented Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic (Manager of F&B Ops Services).
Account Management & Execution of Services
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE:
The Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic focuses on the development and implementation of innovative beverage ideation/concepts for each of the agency operator clients to increase sales and guest traffic, improve bar efficiencies, overall bar operations, cost controls, and profitability, all while providing creative insight and solutions to streamline and enhance the operation processes. This role is involved in managing strategic plans and executing brand initiatives. They will also closely collaborate in the development of new and/or revised beverage menus & programs/recipe items and supervise roll-outs of new and revised programs. In this role, the Mechanic will work closely with the ICS beverage team and clients beverage team to maintain and build on beverage supplier relationships. Their overall goal is to provide insight to help agency clients establish and maintain consistent beverage execution in the restaurants through training, implementation and execution.
- Creates and executes beverage menu and beverage program strategies based on client’s needs, brand positioning, consumer trends, and insights
- Develops and monitors the process of all beverage offerings programs
- Balances creativity with business and consumer needs
- Understands flavors and the use of flavors to achieve results
- Understands and uses trends and consumer research in product development
- Reviews training guides, beverage recipes and procedures for consistency and quality, and understands how to operationalize recipes and procedures
- Reworks existing beverage menu items or incorporates new recipe recommendations for improved guest satisfaction, sales potential and basic menu engineering practices
- Assists where necessary, day-to-day management of beverage distribution issues (service levels, new items, product issues, restaurant ordering and delivery issues, etc.)
- Works with clients to ensure all costs are in line, beverage items are priced correctly and competitively, and financial goals are met or exceeded
- Reviews clients product specifications, ensures product yields are correct, and ensures consistent product quality and specification adherence
- Works with purchasing & beverage directors for agency clients to assist with purchasing questions, needs of suppliers and state by state implementation
- Solicits and evaluates competitive bids with purchasing teams, POS companies and determine overall best offer for products and services
- May assist in supplier audits and performance reviews.
- Verifies that beverage programming complies with established laws, policies, and ethical principles (where applicable)
- Supports marketing beverage mixology team to ensure that client standards are being met
- Coordinate, build and execute training programs live/in-person or using the latest technology standards (i.e. online training tactics, video, kiosk, etc.)
- Organize and provide test results, where applicable
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
The Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic position requires the ability to manage, and begin to lead, the agency’s day-to-day relationship with key client contacts and team.
- Earn and keep each clients’ respect and confidence as a trusted advisor bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, each clients’ business – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency training team
- Effectively balance the dual expectations of your clients and the agency
- Assist the Account Group Director with the development of an annual Client Development Plan
STAFF & PROJECT LEADERSHIP
The position requires the ability to successfully focus the efforts of agency personnel so that projects are completed as proposed – on time, within budget and with a minimum of disruption to daily activity of client or agency.
- Outline expectations of, and communicate effectively with, agency team members
- Demonstrate an investment in, and commitment effectively with, the agency/client “team” to develop and support a positive mindset about the work, the client and the agency staff that is involved
- Establish rapport and trust with a range of staff members assigned to your projects/account(s) – acknowledging the expectations of and on others, identifying team and project needs, remaining open to considering multiple points-of-view
- Provide a model for project leadership… prepared and pro-active, thorough and accurate
- Encourage and demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making
- Effectively incorporate senior staffers from account management as well as other departments as project objectives or issues warrant
ANALYTIC & PLANNING ABILITIES
As an Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic, you are required to employ a range of thinking and decision-making skills – “what if,” “critical” and “judicious” approaches to client issues and initiatives.
- Display strategic marketing acumen and genuine curiosity with a willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
- Clearly establish objectives and priorities for client initiatives
- Help develop, articulate, and adhere to, agreed upon strategies
- Demonstrate an ability to develop a range of alternatives for client and agency decision-making
- Identify key elements of an issue, problem or data set and be able to highlight general opportunities and implications
- Develop and articulate initial points-of-view relative to strategic, creative and media alternatives
- Make decisions that reflect “layers” of thought – balancing enthusiasm, insight, caution, discretion
The Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic supports the lead project manager on client projects and thus must demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
- Establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself
- Effectively plan and organize the work of you and your team – handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively and productively
- Provide effective and efficient oversight of agency resources to insure projects are delivered as promised in terms of time, budgets and results
- Identify, classify, categorize and be able to retrieve information as required by you or agency team members
- Prepare thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor
As Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic, you are expected to effectively present the agency’s decisions, recommendations and creative product to a range of client audiences.
- Develop and demonstrate a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal settings
- Be well-rehearsed and prepared for the unexpected
- Make certain presentation support materials are consistent and in line with the agency’s expectations of quality
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
The Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic must be able to write clearly and persuasively.
- Provide clear, thorough written direction to staff
- Deliver concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
- Develop persuasive summary and recommendation documents for presentation to client and agency decision-makers
- Contribute to project and/or annual client planning documents
The Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic should be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM tools. Additionally, the Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic should know how to use all agency presentation systems and equipment.
ADHERENCE TO AGENCY PROCESSES
The Beverage Training & Ops Mechanic must consistently utilize agency tools and processes to manage projects to an on-time and on-budget completion and to support the information needs of agency management.
- Prepare accurate and timely internal communication: creative briefs, job starters, change orders, timelines and estimates
- Prepare accurate and timely external communication: point-of-view support, conference reports, recaps, timelines, estimates and weekly status reports
- Review monthly billing for accuracy and completeness in accordance with the Accounting calendar
- Enter time on a daily basis
- Submit expense reports within seven days and follow agency guidelines and policies for reimbursement
- Follow all standard agency policies and procedures
- Help execute and have an understanding of mixology, culinary, photography efforts
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Positive attitude – a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience, a sense of urgency to obtain results, an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure and an ability to keep things in perspective
- Respect – a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect, a willingness to be respectful of others’ opinions and ideas, a commitment to respect the work
- Professionalism – a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress, demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters, a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance, common sense and good judgment and have good attendance and be punctual
- Dependability – a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do and a willingness to go beyond the call of duty
- Integrity – a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason, honesty and sincerity, earning the trust of clients and employees and maintaining strict standards of confidentiality
- Commitment to quality – proof all work for accuracy, a demand for excellence in all forms of communication and always looking after the smallest detail
- Creativity – a reputation for innovative thinking, working with an entrepreneurial spirit, not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business
The agency’s annual evaluation of your progress and performance will be based on the specific expectations outlined above. At that time, we will discuss performance observations and perceptions, review opportunities for improvement and growth while providing overall feedback.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 7+ years marketing/managerial experience,
- Intermediate understanding of training, beverage, culinary and operations skills
- Advanced communication/organization and problem solving skills
- Possess the ability to adhere to graphic standards while incorporating creativity and delivering compelling visual communications/campaigns
- Proficient in MAC programs and computers
PROFICIENCIES MUST INCLUDE
Having fun, loving what you do and help with finding solutions everyday!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Casual work environment
- Growth potential
- Create work you can be proud of
PLEASE SEND TO KIM@IGNITECS.CO WITH:
- Samples work via a website or PDF, in that order of preference (if applicable)
- Salary requirement
- Bonus: your favorite movie quote
ABOUT IGNITE CREATIVE SERVICES
We’re a full-service Marketing, Advertising and Promotions agency that specializes in the Restaurant, Service and Hospitality industries. Visit www.ignitecs.co to read more about us.