Looking to celebrate National Pecan Torte Day, or just looking for a delicious dessert? Kim’s recipe for this Almond Torte with Pecan Crust is just the thing you need. Give it a try, we know you’ll love it.
- 1 1/3 C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C. butter (unsalted)-chilled
- 1 egg
- 2 TBL Pecan crumbs (crushed fine)
- Mix all ingredients except chilled butter in Cuisinart.
- Once all mixed, add butter cut into TBL sections. Do not mix too long as you don’t want the butter to melt. Turn out into ¼” – ½” torte pan.
- Gently press mixture into pan evenly and along the sides. – cover and refrigerate.
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter
- 2/3 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 1 C. sliced Almonds
- In Cuisinart mix butter and sugar first. Once creamed together add eggs, extract and sliced Almonds. Do not over mix – just a few short pulses will do. Set aside.
- Pull crust from refrigerator and spread 1/4 C. seedless raspberry jam across the bottom. Then pour in almond mixture. Bake at 350º for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once completely cooled, spread another 1/4 C. seedless raspberry jam on top. Pipe lemon/confection in circles on top and spread with a toothpick.
- When serving push bottom of torte pan out of ring and set on top of platter.