When life hands us Lemons…we switch them out for Limes and Gin. Ignite decided to send our readers a fun twist on Scones with a Gin and Tonic spirit. With all of the home office time, take a minute to escape to the kitchen to do some baking. Enjoy!
English Scones Recipe:
- 2 C. Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 TBL Sugar
- 1/3 C. cold Butter (cut up)
- ½ C. Buttermilk
- 1 large Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 TBL Milk
- Combine first 5 ingredients; cut in Butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Add Buttermilk and Egg, stirring just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead about 5 or 6 times. Do not over knead.
- Pat into 8 inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges and place 1 inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until scones are golden brown. Let cool before icing.
Gin & Tonic Icing Recipe:
- 1 C. Confectioners’ sugar
- 4 TBL Tanqueray London Dry Gin
- 1 TBL Tonic water
- Juice from one Lime wedge
- Combine all ingredients and stir until completely mixed to smooth consistency. If it’s too runny, add more confectioners’ sugar to get icing consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cooled scones and garnish with Lime wedge and Lime zest.