Topgolf ushers in a new menu and strategic LTO campaigns to help drive F&B sales in 2018
At Topgolf, their goal is to help guests create unforgettable experiences with friends and family. Each venue features fun and competitive golf games for all ages, climate-controlled playing “bays” similar to a bowling lane, private spaces for groups of any size, HDTVs to watch the big game and a music selection that will make every visit feel like a party. As such, it became Ignite’s goal to apply those same principles to Topgolf’s food and beverage offerings.
When we first began working with Topgolf we were challenged to develop and launch an annual update to the beverage menu for their entire system, incorporating a new mandated Approved Product List (APL). To achieve this success, we worked hand-in-hand with Topgolf’s F&B and Marketing teams while following our proprietary Road Map, which included the following measures:
- Conducting current data analysis of cocktail & brand, consumer purchasing behaviors and menu delivery acceptance
- Evaluating store sales data such as Approved Product List (APL), PMIX, Guest Check Averages, Bev Cost %, and Gross Profit
- Developing a signature bar book that incorporates a handcrafted look and feel through design, mixology and photography while ensuring continuity of the brand standards
- Cultivating new recipes through strategic mixology ideation and development
- Designing a menu using freshly sourced ingredients and current trend profiles
- Incorporating an extensive training program, outlet-specific operations manuals for both new venue openings and current locations as well as a cocktail launch guide touching on modern and classic cocktail knowledge, salesmanship and professional bartender skills
- Organizing and facilitating partner programming to ensure all brands are supported and adhere to brand standards
All-in-all, the results speak for themselves as demonstrated by the five percent growth in beverage sales alone in 2017.
In addition to the new beverage menu rollout, we worked with them to launch Topgolf’s Spring beverage LTO, featuring a tasty line-up of cocktails including a Spring Sangria, a Don Julio® Pineapple Mint Margarita as well as a Strawberry Basil Lemonade option that is also available as a “mocktail,” along with New Belgium® Dayblazer and Angry Orchard® Rosé Hard Cider. In fact, all LTO items have surpassed initial sales expectations within the first month, including the Spring Sangria, which represents nearly 23 percent of total wine sales.